Community Football Integrity Manager
AFL - Australian Football League
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, to progress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
The position of Community Football Integrity Manager playsa key role in promoting and supporting the AFL’s affiliated State community football competitions to achieve effective outcomes to Integrity issues that impact Community Football. Intrinsically embedded within the National Community Football Team, the role aims to fulfill its mission to ensure that our volunteers, leagues, clubs and participants conduct themselves in a way that promotes a safe environment, enhancing the confidence within our game to connect all our AFL communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Be a Key figure within the National AFL Community Football team to:
- Provide concise and accountable advice and guidance to Community football State affiliates across of a range of subject matters including but not limited to:
- Safeguarding Children
- Respectful Relationships (i.e. Family Violence, Gender Diversity matters in a community football environment)
- Criminal Conduct (i.e. Illicit Drugs, organised crime in a Community Football environment)
- Personal Conduct that may pose a risk to the safety of those within Community Football or a risk to the reputation of the code itself at any level.
- Continue to develop and oversee the complaint management framework to promote accountability and confidence to achieve an exemplary level of service that supports all involved in Community Football.
- Oversee and co-ordinate investigations with a clear understanding of the application of policy and other AFL related rules to ensure all legal and natural justice principles are applied.
- Oversee case management and the security of information relating to Integrity matters understanding the significance of confidentiality and compliance with relevant legislation.
- Develop and implement an educational framework for the AFL State’s affiliated administrators that promotes and develops a level of confidence to logically manage issues of integrity within community football.
- Oversee the management of welfare and support frameworks that assists those impacted by matters of Integrity within community football.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Integrity function strategic vision in line with the wider Game Development and Community Football strategy.
- Experience in leading areas of compliance within a large organisation or a sporting environment.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of community sporting frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Policy in a sporting environment that meets legislative and legal principles.
- Experience in developing and delivering education frameworks in a sporting environment.
- Experience in proactively shaping cultural change that centres on professionalism and a high level of customer service within a community environment.
- High level of values-based leadership, interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills that can influence change in a community environment.
- Demonstrated record of integrity and appropriate handling of confidential information.
- Demonstrated understanding of Law Enforcement and Regulatory Government agency practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a flexible manner and adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
The AFL has a commitment to ensure we provide professional, safe and enjoyable environments to children and young people who participate in our game.
The executive and management of our organisation are responsible for undertaking recruitment and ensuring that our process’s and systems are robust and thorough, as well as being communicated and understood internally. Our recruitment process is a 5-step process and includes meeting and engaging with a variety of key people from across the organisation as well as completing thorough verification checks.
As part of our comprehensive recruitment process we ensure that all safety and legislative checks such as working with children checks, Criminal background checks, employment and personal reference checks are completed to ensure anyone working for the AFL is fit for the role they are employed in, prior to commencing employment.
The AFL takes the safety of children and young people very seriously and reviews all process and procedures in line with current state and federal legislation.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: