Teacher-junior Secondary-health And Physical Education-dysart State High School
QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Brisbane City, QLD
Central Queensland Region
Dysart SHS in Central Queensland is seeking a passionate and resilient Junior Secondary HPE teacher to join their dedicated team of educators from 19/04/2021. It is desired that applicants can also teach History and Food and Nutrition. If you are a flexible and dynamic junior secondary or primary HPE teacher chasing an exciting country adventure in a mining town in the Central Highlands then Dysart is calling you!
Position status Permanent
Position type Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Mackay region
Job ad reference QLD/CQR367412/21
Closing date 07-May-2021
Yearly salary $63350 - $95356
Fortnightly salary $2482.20 - $3655
Job duration Commences 19/04/2021
Contact person Cherryl Perry
Contact details 07 4941 1888
Access the National Relay Service
Dysart SHS is located in the Isaac Region and is 253 SW of Mackay on the Queensland coast. Dysart is a friendly community, with public services including schools, a hospital and emergency services.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
- assistance with relocating
- attractive salary and benefits
- incentives for teaching in remote areas
- locality allowance in specified locations
- subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
- Working rights in Australia, which means you have, or you are eligible to obtain a valid Australian Visa with work rights (if you're not already an Australian Citizen or resident).
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland.
- Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please click here.
- In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please click here.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Graduates and Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. **
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Suitable Applications will remain on file for 12 months and may be considered for other teaching vacancies in any school location.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: