Mercy Health and Aged Care Central Queensland Limi...
Rockhampton City, QLD
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the
Recreation Officer is responsible for delivering individual and group activity and
diversional therapy programs that provide social interaction and diversional
activities to enhance the quality of life for residents.
A full Position Description will be available upon appointment.
APPLY: To apply please return to where the vacancy is listed and click “apply now”
which will direct you to SEEK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and multi-
disciplinary allied health team at Bethany.
Certificate IV in Leisure and Lifestyle or commitment to attain upon
commencement of the role is essential.
Experience in the delivery of individual and group programs to meet the
resident/s assessed leisure and lifestyle needs is desirable.
Must have the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and
Salary packaging available up to $15 900 per year.
Basic computer skills is essential.
Current Police Check is essential.
Current First Aid Certificate is essential.
Candidates must be Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents
Agreement: Mercy Health and Aged Care Central
Recreation Officer Queensland Limited – Allied Health – Enterprise
Location: Mercy Aged Care Services Classification: Operational Level 1
Reports to: Facility Manager/s
Original Date: 02/08 Revision No: 1 Page/s
1.0 Mission and Values:
The Recreation Officer will undertake a commitment to Mercy Health and Aged
Care Central Queensland Limited (“MH&ACCQL”) Mission, Philosophy and
Objectives, and endeavour to promote the organisation’s ethos and values in all
actions and activities related to their position.
2.0 Position Statement:
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the Recreation Officer is responsible
for delivering individual and group activity and diversional therapy programs that
provide social interaction and diversional activities to enhance the quality of life
3.0 Key Effectiveness Areas
3.01 Mission & Values
3.02 Leisure & Lifestyle Activities
3.03 Other Responsibilities
4.0 Key Position Responsibilities
4.1 Mission and Values
– Promote the Mission and Values of Mercy Health and Aged Care Central
– Participate in Mercy celebration and traditions;
– Attend mandatory annual Mission in-service; and
– Adhere to and promote the ethos and standards expressed in the
Pocketbook of Excellent and Integrity in the Workplace handbooks.
4.2 Leisure and Lifestyle Activities
- Ensure that all the resident abilities, activities, and Therapy Assessment
Forms have been completed within the appropriate timeframes following
- Implement individual and group recreation activities under direction of the
- Be responsible for accurately reporting individual outcomes;
- Participate in evaluations/reviews of individual and group activity and
leisure and lifestyle programs and record the outcomes;
- Implement and evaluate external outings;
Subject: POSITION DESCRIPTION – Recreation Officer Page/s
- Develop a Monthly Activity Program with Facility Manager input and
- Distribute and assist with the Newsletter;
- Maintain communication with the necessary internal personnel and
external providers, which may include but is not limited to, Facility
Manager, other Recreation Officer’s, Pastoral Care Coordinators,
Alternative Therapists, Entertainers and community groups;
- Distribute surveys as requested by the Facility Manager;
- Write and submit reports to Management as required;
- Facilitate and assist with voting for residents who choose to vote.
4.3 Other Responsibilities
- Accept, adhere and promote Workplace Health and Safety requirements,
appropriate standards and risk management guidelines to ensure health
and safety obligations are met to maintain a safe working environment;
- Participate in meetings and forums as required;
- Foster a cooperative work environment and maintain open
communication through effective interpersonal skills and appropriate
- Participate in and recommend quality activities aiming to improve work
practices to exceed customer expectations;
- Participate in in-service programmes to assist in personal development and
to satisfy the objectives of the organisation;
- Accept individual responsibility and accountability for own performance
and professional development;
- Accept and adhere to all policies and procedures of MH&ACCQL and
Mercy Aged Care Services; and
- Undertake other duties/responsibilities as directed by the Facility
Manager/Executive Officer or other designated authority(s).
5.0 Qualifications and Experience:
5.1 Certificate IV in Leisure and Lifestyle or commitment to attain upon
commencement in the role;
5.2 Excellent communication and team work skills;
5.3 Current Police Check;
5.4 Current First Aid Certificate
5.5 Experience in the delivery of individual and group programs to meet
resident/s assessed leisure and lifestyle needs;
5.6 Computer skills.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: