Tennis Coach - Casual
Bellevue Hill, NSW
Cranbrook School is seeking outstanding, passionate and experienced Tennis coaches committed to motivating and developing athletes from beginners through to elite level. Tennis runs throughout the Winter and Summer season. Coaching will require some before and/or after school training commitments, Saturdays and school holiday coaching.
Sports coaches actively support the mission and values of Cranbrook School in developing and mentoring our students to reach their potential as athletes and young people. Your role involves developing and improving the physical skills, decision making abilities and positive sporting behaviours of our students so as to enable them to successfully compete within school based competitions and beyond.
Employment is on a casual basis and pay and conditions are determined by experience and qualifications.
You must have a demonstrated record of being a dynamic and successful coach in your chosen sport, and be enthusiastic, patient and focused on technique. You must have excellent communication skills and an ability to engage with all stakeholders in a responsive and inclusive manner.
Key Selection Criteria
- 1-year experience in coaching tennis in a school or club
- Ability to develop and implement programs set by the Director of Sport K-12 and relevant Head of Sport
- An active interest in and commitment to the promotion of children and youth sport
- Ability to role model effective behaviours while acknowledging professional boundaries
- Ability to communicate in a professional and timely manner
- Reliability and commitment
- Hold Current CPR & First Aid Certificates
- Community and/or advanced coaching accreditation highly desirable.
Key responsibilities include:
- To plan and implement enjoyable, age and skill appropriate coaching sessions / lessons that stimulate student and team development, maximise participation and emphasise both technical and tactical aspects, in line with the programs set by the relevant Head of Sport
- To keep an accurate record of player attendance for fixtures and training sessions and report absences in a timely manner
- To notify the Head of Sport of any accidents, injuries, incidents, etc in a timely manner.
- To provide multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate their talents in selecting players for teams
- To develop a positive team spirit and an attitude of sportsmanship, fair play and observe the relevant etiquette
- To provide students with a consistent and positive role model and encourage appropriate conduct at both training sessions and fixtures
- To participate in officiating duties as required
- To assist at school carnivals, CAS carnivals, CIS carnivals and other relevant sporting association regional, state and national carnivals as required
- To attend all required briefing sessions and complete all training required
- Be responsible for safe, efficient, and effective implementation of programs and policies and to ensure the resources are most effectively utilised
- To be responsible for the maintenance of equipment, cleanliness of storage areas and setting up and putting away of all equipment required
- To implement guidelines on safety procedures and operation to ensure a genuine concern for users’ safety.
Cranbrook School is a child safe environment. Cranbrook actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations. The successful applicant for this position will be required to hold a current NSW Working with Children Check clearance.
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
Applications should include a resume, a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and the names and contact details of at least three referees. Applications should be submitted via email to
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: