Volunteer Cardio Tennis Coach
Prince Of Wales, QLD
Mood Active runs exercise programs that empower people to better manage their mental health.
Established in 2013 as a not-for-profit, Mood Active offers tailored exercise programs to support the needs of our clients who experience mood disorders including anxiety and depression.
Participants are typically referred to us by GP’s, psychologists and community organisations and to date, feedback has been very positive.
We offer a casual program, 4-week wellbeing workout and 8 week 1:1 exercise coaching.
We are looking for Cardio Tennis Coaches to run 1x class a week for a commitment of 6 months. For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for FREE educational courses (including Mental Health First Aid and Motivational Techniques for Clients).
Our offerings are unique because our trainers have either lived experience of mood disorders or experience supporting family or friends through mood disorders. If you are looking for experience working in mental health, are qualified to teach Cardio Tennis classes and want to be a part of our team then please get in touch.
- Surry Hills / Redfern
- Deliver Cardio Tennis classes to Mood Active participants
- Take each class you commit to on as your very own responsibility
- Contribute to the Mood Active team in your own positive way
- Managing participant attendance and positive moral
**What qualifications, skills & experience are essential?**
- Qualified to teach Cardio Tennis classes - Successfully completed the Tennis Australia Cardio Tennis Fitness Trainer (CTFT) course
- Lived experience of mood disorders or experience supporting family or friends with mood disorders
- First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Indemnity Insurance Certificate
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Positive and supportive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Happy and compassionate personality
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: