Teacher - Secondary Health And Physical Education - Stanthorpe State High School
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Stanthorpe State High School is a school of approximately 750 students from years 7-12 situated in Stanthorpe, on the Granite Belt. The Granite Belt is predominantly a farming community with a population of approximately 11,000. In recent years there has been significant advancement in the wine and tourism industries.
The current timetable is for teaching HPE to years 7 - 10, however for a suitable applicant it may be possible to alter the timetable to include senior classes. The ability and willingness to teach Junior Maths would be highly desirable.
Please refer to our website to get an insight to what we do and achieve each week.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please CLICK HERE.
- In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please CLICK HERE.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green 'Apply online' button below, enter your personal details and please submit the following documents:
- A brief resume/CV
- Contact details for two referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- Pre-service teachers to include any completed practicum reports (summary only), mentor/referee statements (summary only), unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: