Swimming Coach/cricket Coach/athletics Coach
Swimming Coach / Cricket Coach / Athletics Coach
* Bellevue Hill New South Wales Australia
Closing 20 Nov 2020
Cranbrook School is seeking outstanding, passionate and experienced sport coaches committed to motivating and developing athletes from beginners through to elite level, for casual Sports Coach positions to commence now and in Term 1, 2021 in the following sports:
* HIGH JUMP
ABOUT THE POSITIONS
Sports coaches actively support the mission and values of Cranbrook School in developing and mentoring our students to reach their potential as athletes and young people. Your role involves developing and improving the physical skills, decision making abilities and positive sporting behaviours of our students so as to enable them to successfully compete within school based competitions and beyond.
All positions will require some before and/or after school training commitments, and most require availability on Friday nights (for swimming) or on Saturdays.
Pay and conditions are determined by experience and qualifications.
You must have a demonstrated record of being a dynamic and successful coach in your chosen sport, and be enthusiastic, patient and focused on technique.
You must have excellent communication skills and an ability to engage with all stakeholders in a responsive and inclusive manner.
Key Selection Criteria
* Experience in coaching in a school or similar setting
* Ability to develop and implement programs set by the Director of Sport K-12 and relevant Head of Sport
* An active interest in and commitment to the promotion of children and youth sport
* Ability to role model effective behaviours while acknowledging professional boundaries
* Ability to communicate in a professional and timely manner
* Reliability and commitment
* Hold current CPR and First Aid certificates
* Hold a current drivers licence
Swimming coaches must hold a minimum of Swimming Australia Development Level coach qualification. For other sports, holding current Level 1 or higher coaching accreditation would be highly desirable.
Demonstrated knowledge of high-performance best practice, including awareness of developing trends in coaching technique, skill development and program growth will be preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
* To plan and implement enjoyable, age and skill appropriate coaching sessions / lessons that stimulate student and team development, maximise participation and emphasise both technical and tactical aspects, in line with the programs set by the relevant Head of Sport
* To keep an accurate record of player attendance for fixtures and training sessions and report absences in a timely manner
* To notify the Head of Sport of any accidents, injuries, incidents, etc in a timely manner.
* To provide multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate their talents in selecting players for teams
* To develop a positive team spirit and an attitude of sportsmanship, fair play and observe the relevant etiquette
* To provide students with a consistent and positive role model and encourage appropriate conduct at both training sessions and fixtures
* To participate in officiating duties as required
* To assist at school carnivals, CAS carnivals, CIS carnivals and other relevant sporting association regional, state and national carnivals as required
* To attend all required briefing sessions and complete all training required
* Be responsible for safe, efficient, and effective implementation of programs and policies and to ensure the resources are most effectively utilised
* To be responsible for the maintenance of equipment, cleanliness of storage areas and setting up and putting away of all equipment required
* To implement guidelines on safety procedures and operation to ensure a genuine concern for users safety.
ABOUT CRANBROOK SCHOOL
Cranbrook is an Anglican, independent day and boarding school, Pre-school to Year 12.
Our vision is to be a world class school which encourages and enables all of our students to explore, enjoy and fulfil their potential. We lead our students to discover and make the most of their talents, to thrive in, and love the pursuit of, excellence. As a school we energise the educational environment by offering a rich and distinctive schooling both within and beyond the curriculum and give powerful pastoral support. Cranbrook builds resilience and confidence so that each student can face the challenges of the twenty-first century with personal confidence, intellectual versatility, academic hunger and optimism.
Cranbrook School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, and in August 2020 became accredited as an IB Continuum School, offering the PYP, MYP and IB Diploma Programme.
Cranbrook School is a child safe environment. Cranbrook actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations. The successful applicant for this position will be required to hold a current NSW Working with Children Check clearance.
* Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
* First Aid Certificate
* Current Provide/Perform CPR
* Development (Bronze) Swimming Coach Accreditation
* Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
Applications should include a resume, a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and the names and contact details of at least three referees. Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: