First Xviii Boys Football (Afl) Coach
St Kilda, VIC
Are you a qualified coach of Australian Rules Football (AFL) and have the ability and desire to work in a competition that is the pathway for nearly 1 in 4 players in the AFL National Draft?
Is Australian Rules Football (AFL) your passion and are you motivated to broaden your coaching experience, work with highly qualified leaders and contribute to the development of potential elite and community players?
Wesley College Melbourne is seeking expressions of interest from AFL Coaches to coach the First XVIII Boys Team.
Wesley College Melbourne, a Uniting Church school with a rich tradition spanning 154 years, is a diverse, dynamic, coeducational learning community with more than 3,350 students aged between 3 and 18 years across 3 main campuses.
It is a requirement to be willing to work with the Head Coach to develop skills of the students and work on strategy for games. Coaches are also expected to work with the students to ensure that a sense of fair play during competition is maintained.
It is desirable that the applicants have a Level 2 AFL coaching accreditation or willingness to obtain one. The following attributes and responsibilities are necessary for the position:
- Coaching Accreditation – Level 2 or above and/or equivalent experience in coaching football
- Has solid understanding and experiences in either APS sport, NAB Cup/VFL/AFL environments
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills
- An educator who is an excellent communicator both on & off the field who values player and personal development
- In depth understanding of game day strategies and tactics
- Support the Head Coach of Football in the recruitment of other coaches
- In conjunction with Head Coach of Football, develop and establish an appropriate pre- season training program
- Collaborate with the Head Coach of Football, other coaches and players to implement a consistent coaching policy throughout the Program
- Assist in supporting key program initiatives, events and functions to promote the growth of Wesley Football within the College
- Create welcoming and clear pathway to encourage future and developing players
- Conduct post-match reviews, player feedback through video analysis, written and verbal personal feedback
- Ability to work within the team dynamics and develop effective relationships with the Head Coach of Football, College leaders, coaching panel, playing group, parent body and Collegians Football Club
- Alignment to College values
Commitment required includes, pre-season training, camps, meetings and events in addition to the twice weekly training and Saturday matches between March and August. Offering support and guidance in the junior program is also an expectation of the role.
All employees of Wesley College are required to obtain a current:
- Employment Working with Children Check
- National Police Name Check
If you would like to contribute to the success of Wesley College sports program, we would like to hear from you. Applications should include cover letter, resume and any other supporting material.
For further information, please contact
Brent Thiele – Head Coach of Football
Phone: 0407 16 23 00
Applications close at 5:00pm on 30th October 2020.
Wesley College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: