Eoi - Head Of Department - Health And Physical Education - G...
Rockhampton City, QLD
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Image Courtesy of Glenmore State High School
About the School
Glenmore State High School is a modern, progressive secondary school providing quality education for students from years 7 to 12. We have earned a reputation for high quality educational programs and services. Students are offered a wide range of subjects to study whilst at school and also have access to various pathways. This allows students to transition successfully from school to work, further training or university by offering support with school-based traineeships, work experience, participating in industry tours and university programs. Our students consistently have received high OP results with over 20% of OP-eligible students receiving an OP 1-5 since 2009.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed” section in the attached role description.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: