Causal Tennis Coach
Sydney Uni SPort & Fitness
Sydney University Sport and Fitness has an exciting opportunity on offer for a part time / casual tennis coach. The tennis centre is located with the University Sports and Aquatic centre which is one of Sydney’s finest sporting facilities: It boasts an Olympic pool; comprehensive gym; multiple indoor multipurpose sports halls; squash courts; RPM centre; and six synthetic grass tennis courts with additional hard and natural grass courts in close proximity.
The club has recently come under new management and is seeking to substantially expand its junior and adult membership base and there are clear career benefits for those able to play a key role in assisting this growth. Currently we have a part time / casual role on offer and there will be opportunity to increase one’s responsibility as the program develops. The role of on offer would require capacity to run junior group and private lessons and adult group and private lessons. When coaching you will bring passion to every lesson and show determination to teach every student to perform to the best of their capability. You should have a commitment to working with the club over the long term to create a large tournament player contingent and loyal adult community. This commitment should sit in harmony with your personal goals.
1.1 Coach Private lessons both junior & adult
1.2 Perform high quality one on one lessons
1.3 Coach junior & adult group lessons
1.4 Coach Cardio Tennis
1.5 The successful must be able to work evenings and weekends in particular Saturday mornings.
2.1 Direct our Tennis NSW junior round robin events
2.2 Be responsible for ANZ Hot Shots tournament challenges
2.3 Start a breakfast league for 2017
3.1 Direct and run our school holiday programs – Hot Shots Camp
3.2 Be involved in running tournaments, clinics and events as needed
4. Performance Analysis
4.1 Be able to assess student’s suitability for classes they’re enrolled in.
4.2 Identify talented students
5. Performance Measures & Accountability
5.1 Active engagement of clients (client feedback) including coaching and events
5.2 Performance running events program, meeting budget requirements and client feedback
5.3 Attendance at Coach Workshops- 1 per term (minimum)
5.4 Recruitment of juniors into program
5.5 Processional running of camps program
The successful must be able to work evenings and weekends in particular regular Saturday mornings and event days.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 1 year experience
• Demonstrated tennis coaching skills in a group and individual setting
• Current Working with Children Check
• Effective workplace communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Flexible coaching skills for juniors & adults of all ages and standards
• Demonstrated co-operative & professional approach
• Proven ability to develop rapport & relationships with juniors, adults & parents
• Willingness to work on weekends particularly Saturday and event days
• Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach Qualification or equivalent
• PE/Human Movement/Sport Coaching/Sport management degree – preferred
• Competent in Work Health & Safety legislation and risk management practices in NSW.
• Experience in managing a number of staff and sub-contractors.
• First Aid Certificate
The part time / casual position reports directly to the Head Tennis Coach.
Conditions of Employment:
• The position is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Employment Agreement and relevant industrial award.
• The successful applicant will be required to complete a Police Records Check and Working with Children Check as per NSW Government Legislation.
• The position has a 12 week probationary period
• Availability to work weekends and rotating roster to commensurate to the level of the position.
• Residency Requirements: All candidates considered including international students and working holiday visa holders (must legally be able to work in Australia)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: