Principal Project Officer (Australian Curriculum - Health And Physical Education)
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Principal Project Officer (Australian Curriculum - Health and Physical Education)
154 Melbourne Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101
The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) is a statutory body of the Queensland Government established under the Education (Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority) Act 2014. In collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders and partner agencies, the QCAA plays a critical role in the design and delivery of education in Queensland. It is responsible for the development, review and approval of guidelines and syllabuses for Kindergarten to Year 12, as well as the development of associated professional resources for teachers. It is also responsible for testing, assessment, moderation and certification.
|Occupational group||Education & Training|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane Inner City|
|Job ad reference||QLD/QCAA3/20|
|Job duration||to 31/12/2020|
|Contact person||Kathryn Tully|
|Contact details||(07) 3864 0483 / firstname.lastname@example.org |
Access the National Relay Service
Role of the position
The role of the Principal Project Officer, (Australian Curriculum – Health and Physical Education) is to lead and manage projects, liaise with key stakeholders and undertake activities that contribute to the development of a range of curriculum, teaching and learning, and assessment resources and the development and delivery of professional development to support curriculum implementation.
This role requires extensive experience in and deep knowledge of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education, with the capacity to provide guidance and advice across P-10.
- Lead and participate in project teams to develop curriculum, teaching and learning and assessment policy advice, resources and professional learning.
- Provide expert advice to Managers and the Assistant Director on issues related to curriculum, teaching and learning and assessment.
- Plan and present professional development for teachers and key stakeholders to support implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education.
- Prepare briefings and correspondence.
- Lead and manage projects within timelines, using allocated resources.
- Lead consultation with a range of stakeholders to inform the development of curriculum, policy advice, resources and professional learning.
- Liaise professionally with educational agencies and a range of stakeholders on projects.
- Create and maintain professional relationships between the Authority and key stakeholders.
- Participate in forums and workshops in relation to the work of the QCAA.
- Undertake specific tasks as required to assist the QCAA in achieving its business outcomes, including using data to inform decisions.
- Contribute to a change management and performance development culture by participating in regular two-way feedback discussions with your manager and colleagues, and through the implementation of an individual Performance and Development Plan (PDP).
Within the context of the responsibilities described in the position description, the ideal candidate for this role will:
- Support strategic direction by using their extensive knowledge and expertise of P-10 Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education to provide quality advice to stakeholders in relation to curriculum, teaching and learning and assessment.
- Achieve results through successfully leading and managing projects which support the development and implementation of high quality policy advice, resources and professional learning.
- Support productiveworking relationshipsby building and sustaining positive relationships with key internal staff and external stakeholders and being responsive to their diverse needs.
- Display personal drive and integrity by acting professionally at all times, showing their commitment to self-development, maintaining their knowledge of contemporary curriculum and assessment, and completing priorities within timelines.
- Communicate with influence through using highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to negotiate with stakeholders based on a clear understanding of desired outcomes.
You are only required to respond to the first three key attributes in your application. Your written application and a 2-page resume should highlight your current work experience in relation to this role.
Please refer to the Your application section on the last page of the position description for important information on what your application needs to include.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: