Basketball Development And Administration Manager
Australia Plains, SA
Cockburn Basketball Association (CBA), located at Wally Hagan Stadium in Hamilton Hill, aspires to be Western Australia’s Leading Family Basketball Association. The Cougar Family values inclusion, enjoyment and excellence, translating to people, family and basketball. In that order. The Association proudly has more than 2,000 members across 140 competition teams, 20 representative teams, two State Basketball League programs, and booming participation programs.
JOB TITLE: Basketball Development and Administration Manager (BDAM)
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
REPORTS TO: General Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Competitions Coordinator, Casual Participation Officers, Court Managers, Referee Coach, Referees
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Basketball Development and Administration Manager will be the key operational pillar for the delivery and growth of Cockburn Basketball Association’s competitions (strategic management), participation and WA Basketball League Programs.
The BDAM will have an additional focus in maintaining the Association’s bookings, event management, player/coach development, and State Basketball League game night execution. This role has a key focus on communication, stakeholder engagement and policy/procedure development and implementation.
- Affiliated Clubs and Teams
- Junior and Senior Players
- Parents and Guardians
- Local Schools and Councils
- Referees and Referees Coach
- CBA Staff
- CBA Board of Directors
- Participation Coaches
- CBA volunteers (including WABL/SBL game night/day staff, coaches and managers)
- Oversee the Competitions Coordinator to ensure the 12-month calendar and operational processes are being implemented efficiently. Including review of these areas.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management. This includes feedback mechanisms and working with appropriate delegates of junior club’s and team representatives from senior and independent teams
- Implementation of the Cockburn Basketball Association’s operational plan (competitions) that aligns directly with the overall strategic plan and vision
- Overseeing the Game Day and Night experience for the Cockburn Basketball Association member base. While the Competitions Coordinator is responsible for the execution of these days/nights, it is the responsibility of the BDAM to develop the processes of an efficient and easy to access game experience
- Work with the Bookkeeper to ensure Financial Year Budget targets and processes are met in the competitions business area. This includes timeliness and efficiency of invoicing and process.
- Manage the development of Cockburn Basketball Association officials, including oversight of the Referee Coach (responsible for coaching).
- Additionally, the BDAM is responsible for the implementation of the Referee Development Program alongside appropriate stakeholders
- Manage the recruitment, development and retainment of Cockburn Basketball Association domestic coaches alongside relevant stakeholders.
- Establish strategy (alongside the GM) with subsequent processes to drive the growth of the Cockburn Basketball Association’s competitions (including marketing).
- Establish strategy and the operational process that follows to ensure a development pathway for entry level coaches at the junior competition level.
- Administer, implement, execute and review the 12-month calendar and operational policy and process associated with participation business area. This includes Aussie Hoops, Sporting Schools, Cougar Academy, Holiday Camps and new initiatives.
- Establish strategy (alongside the GM) with subsequent processes to drive the growth of the Cockburn Basketball Association’s participation program, including their transition into junior competition and further development pathways (CA/WABL). Additionally, the strategy involves internal (existing programs) and external (school’s and new programs) community engagement. Marketing plays a key part in this responsibility.
- Development of new initiatives that invite the community to the Cockburn Basketball Association’s participation programs.
- Coordinate participation coaches and volunteers to ensure all participation programs are always appropriately resourced. This includes a level of coaching from the BDAM) themselves.
WA Basketball League
- Administer, implement, execute and review the 12-month calendar and operational policy and process associated with the WABL business area.
- Recruit, develop and appoint coaches that are of the required WABL standard
- Oversee the WABL and any underpinning development programs to ensure Cockburn Basketball Association representative athletes continue to improve. Coaching philosophy and style of play plays a part of this responsibility in conjunction with the GM
- Manage WABL coordinator and volunteers to ensure development and retention of quality WABL coaches and team managers
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place for WABL game days, including adequate staffing and resourcing are implemented in line with the 12-month calendar.
- Be willing to coach a WABL team if required
State Basketball League
- Oversee the State Basketball League home game night for the Cockburn Basketball Association. All planning is done in conjunction with the GM, with the BDAM responsible for managing game nights to the standard expected by the Association and Basketball WA.
- In the absence of the GM, manage SBL administration (generally).
Event Management and Fundraising
- Organise, administer and execute the key Cockburn Basketball Association events in any given calendar year.
- Work with the Competitions Coordinator to ensure there are key calendar events for athletes and parents engaged inside junior competition and participation business areas.
- Work with the Fundraising Working Group to ensure the Cockburn Basketball Association’s Fundraising Budget requirements are met each financial year.
- Ensure Wally Hagan Stadium’s bookings are up to date, managed efficiently and aligned with the Cockburn Basketball Association court hire budget.
- First point of contact for prospective bookings at Wally Hagan Stadium
- Website and social media maintenance of appropriate business areas as indicated by the GM.
- In addition to the responsibilities indicated, the Employer is entitled to request the Employee to perform such other duties as are within the Employee’s training and competence and are reasonably requested in order to meet the strategic requirements of the Association.
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders in a community organisation (Essential)
- Club Coach Qualification – formerly NCAS Level 1 (Essential)
- Relevant Referee Coordination Experience (Essential)
- Current Working with Children Check (Essential)
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License (Essential)
- Up to date First Aid Accreditation – ‘Provide First Aid’ (Essential)
- High-level organisational, interpersonal and overall communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing/resolving conflicts and disputes in an efficient manner.
- In depth understanding of Sports TG software, including back-end competition management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including the ability to communicate using all methods of communication (phone, email and face-to-face), as well as act as liaison, negotiate and resolve
conflict as required
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet timelines
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative
- A strong work ethic with attention to detail
- A commitment to outstanding customer service and professionalism
- At least three years Basketball Competition and Participation Program Experience at a similar or higher level (Essential)
- Experience coaching and programming pathway (WABL & participation) programs (Essential)
CBA VALUES: Include, Enjoy, Excel
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: