General Foreman - $5 Million Recreational Facility - Regional In Grafton
South Grafton, NSW
An immediate posting exsists for a savvy foreman seeking an immediate role on an interesting mixed Industrial/Commercial project, inland from Coffs Harbour. This Sydney based builder is seeking a trust worthy, dependable foreman to be based on a $5 million new build and fit out of a Recreational facility.
This firm builds interesting projects from $10 to $30 million (New Build & Fit Out) including Multi-Storey offices, Aged Care, Hospitals, Uni’s, gymnasiums and other recreational facility’s. They pride themselves for their finer finish, harmonious / humorous work culture, and envied reputation amongst competitors in the same space.
Components to the work include structural steel and cladding, fixtures, fittings and doing the remaining finishes after initial build. Some civil components will also exist, some experience with civil roads, paths and drainage would be highly advantageous but not essential.
Reporting directly to the General Manager in Sydney you will be responsible in helping the daily operations of a busy site. In particular setting out, pushing the trades, interpreting plans, supervising concrete pours, partitioning walls, pre-cast panelling and general supervision of the recreational build.
- Supervision / co-ordination of trades, site personnel and subcontractors.
- Documenting site activity
- Compliance and monitoring of WHS
- Ensuring carpentry works are being carried out in accordance to plans.
- Working closely with the Foreman to review the status of the project.
- Setting out Experience
- Experience complying with WHS
- High communication skills and attention to detail
- Be hungry to fast track up the ranks in a bustling environment.
- Full driver’s license.
- You will be trade or tertiary qualified in Carpentry / Joinery.
- You will be highly motivated and ambitious with drive and passion in a leadership capacity.
- 3 years experience working on Commercial /New Build and Fit out projects.
- Confident and looking to exceed in all facets of your work. Delivering on time and on Budget.
- Exceptional Communication skills
- A “can do” positive attitude and confidence.
- Good management approach.
- Enthusiastic and keen for the opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to make your impact with a leading builder in the NSW (Sydney / North Coast) market. You will need to take full ownership of the project, its safety and if things are not safe, be able to make the call to shut the site down until it is. You will be trusted in this role, and confidant in yourself and what you do.
Seasoned Site Managers or Foreman very welcome.
Randstad – Hannah Lovelock will be shortlisting with immediate effect at request of immediate appointment from the client.
Please submit your applications into:
Hannah Lovelock – Principal Consultant
02 9233 9909
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: