Teacher - Secondary - Health And Physical Education (Hpe) - Mackay State High School
Mackay State High School is seeking passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated applicants to apply for the HPE position. This permanent full-time position will commence on 23/01/2020. Beginning, experienced, and pre-service teachers expected to graduate in 2020, are encouraged to apply. Photos courtesy of Tourism & Events Queensland - Customs House, Mackay.
Photos courtesy of Tourism & Events Queensland - Ulysses Butterfly, Keswick Island - Mackay.
Mackay is a city in Queensland, on Australia's east coast. Off the coast is a section of the Great Barrier Reef. Closer to shore are the islands of St. Bees, with reefs, rainforest and koalas, and Keswick, rich in marine life. Mackay itself is known for its Harbour Beach, marina and Bluewater Lagoon, a city water park. Inland from Mackay, Eungella National Park is a habitat for rare frogs and platypus.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
Employment as a teacher is available to:
- Australian citizens.
- Persons who reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely.
- New Zealand citizens who have a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: