Eoi - Head Of Department - Health And Physical Education - Springfield Central State High School
An exciting opportunity exits at Springfield Central State High School for a Head of Department - Health and Physical Education to join the team. We are seeking a dedicated professional who thrives on working in a collaborative team environment and producing outstanding results for students and staff. The role of Head of Department - Health and Physical Education will involve being accountable for leading and coordinating curriculum in line with the school and department initiatives. In addition to this, you will support the school in developing the quality of teaching and learning and nurturing positive relationships between students, teachers and stakeholders.
Please be aware, the classification listed above relates to the previous certified agreement and is currently in the process of being updated. Please refer to the attached role description for the new certified agreement classification.
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
About Springfield Central State High School
Springfield Central State High School is located in Greater Springfield, South West of Brisbane (approximately 40 minutes travel from CBD).
The school offers an academically focused curriculum, with high standards of uniform and behaviour built around our four core values of Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Relationships.
Our school is built on a culture of high expectations and performance for both staff and students with an expectation that every child is to succeed.
You can find out more about our school here.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at email@example.com or on toll free 1300 720 944.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief CV (max 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: