Football Development Manager
Prince Of Wales, QLD
About the role
The FDM will work alongside the NSFA Community Football Manager and NSFA Technical Director in the delivery of NSFA Community Football activities, including but not limited to the responsibilities outlined below. The FDM will work to ensure the membership is serviced in regard to player, coach and volunteer development and maintain high engagement levels throughout the membership and the progression of initiatives to deliver best practice projects and outcomes to our members.
- Execute the NSFA Coach Development Strategy to ensure all coaches have access to appropriate mentoring, education and support opportunities. This includes involvement in coach attraction and retention initiatives.
- Delivery of the XLR8 Business Plan to maintain XLR8’s position in the NSFA as the leading coaching provider for clubs, individuals and schools.
- Leadership of the XLR8 Coaching staff, including onboarding / induction, development, rostering, payroll, staff reviews and recruitment.
- Maintain a high level of presence across all XLR8 Programs, along with seeking new opportunities to strengthen and expand the XLR8 business model to further service the football community.
- Maintain strong processes and administration to benefit the functionality of XLR8.
- Involvement in the Female Football Working Group and the expansion of female football attraction, retention and development initiatives for players, coaches and volunteers.
- Increase the standard and outcomes of the NSFA Development Leagues (NSFA SAP, Super League & Diamond League)
- Implementation of participation initiatives such as indigenous and ethnic inclusivity, AWD football and other community needs.
- Coaching players of various age groups and ability levels
This is a coaching and management role, requiring the individual to have relevant experience in community and advanced football coaching, along with experience managing teams of casual and part-time staff.
- Demonstrated leadership in football and/or community development
- A pro-active approach to trends within the community and football
- Significant football coaching experience; grassroots and advanced/elite
- Appropriate coaching / coach education qualifications
- Ability to work alongside various stakeholder groups
- Strong work ethic; disciplined and focussed.
- Must have own car, drivers licence and current WWCC
- Ability to work weekend and irregular hours
- Some existing understanding of the NSFA Landscape (Desirable)
- AFC B-Licence (Desirable)
- Experience working with and alongside volunteers and an ability to harness the expertise and enthusiasm of a volunteer workforce (Highly desirable)
Northern Suburbs Football Association (NSFA)
Football has the highest participation rates of any sport in Australia. The Northern Suburbs Football Association (NSFA) is one of the country's largest football associations with some 17,000 registered players, 1200 + teams and 30 member clubs. Our footprint extends from North Sydney to Brooklyn. Our vision is to be a progressive, member focused football leader and make football accessible, enjoyable and inclusive to the local community. Our intention is to continue to grow the sport by raising the quality of the development opportunities available to players and coaches alike.
XLR8 is the NSFA’s Community Level Player Development Academy. XLR8 offers year round football development programs for community footballers within the NSFA, facilitated by professional and experienced development coaches. XLR8 programs are primarily delivered for footballers aged between 6 – 16 years old through a combination of in club programs and small group sessions.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: