Teacher - Physical Education
Government of Western Australia
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH611498 This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 Mullewa District High School are seeking a vibrant and motivated Physical Education Teacher to join their team. The successful applicant will address the Western Australian Curriculum outcomes for Physical and Health Education while engaging all students in the sports program. You will also run the sporting carnivals throughout the year. To be successful in this role you will possess strong behaviour management skills, empathy and an understanding of Aboriginal culture. We are seeking an individual who will support our Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) program and who will be willing to take on school based social emotional programs. In this role you be part of a supportive team and will have the opportunity to work with students who are naturally athletically talented. The school has a strong focus on positive behaviour supports catering for students wellbeing. We have a strong focus on literacy and numeracy with an innovative intervention strategy for students Kindergarten to Year 8. The school is creating purposeful programs to provide clear career pathways for our secondary students. Strong links with community and inter-agencies provide students with opportunities to develop strong values, positive behaviours and create career pathway prospects for our students. Being Safe, Being Respectful and Being Solid, these are the values our school is proud to hold. This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position. To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the ):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: