Football Technology Support Engineer
- 3 Year Contract
- Melbourne Airport Location
Essendon Football Club is committed to our vision of being recognised as the most respected, inclusive and successful sporting club in the country, consistently setting the benchmark both on and off the field. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Football Technology Support Engineer to ‘Don the Sash’ and join our Technology team based at our club headquarters at The Hangar at Melbourne Airport.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, you will be responsible for:
- Providing IT support to all Football staff at the Essendon Football Club, including AFL and/or VFL game days;
- Mac OS and PC troubleshooting;
- Managing Helpdesk tickets;
- Support to all Football Department staff; and
- Setup and support at Football games, as required.
What We’re Looking For
The successful candidate must have the following skills experience and attributes:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems, incl. support and deployment;
- Knowledge of Apple Mac operating systems, including support and deployment;
- Familiar with end user support and Active Directory;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Printers, Laptops, Desktops and other hardware;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and exercise judgement;
- Knowledge and experience with information and communication technology (ICT) and terminology, and an interest in keeping up to date with latest developments in Technology;
- Flexible and responsive to change in direction and priorities as required;
- Achieve outcomes within available resources and within set time frame;
- Have an understanding of the rules and requirements of AFL;
- Able to manage time effectively and meet strict deadlines; and
- Hold a valid driver’s licence and be willing to travel and work outside of business hours, including a focus on weekends and game days.
Other skills, experience and attributes which are highly desirable, but not essential include:
- Audiovisual equipment set up (knowledge of HDSDI/SDI or ability to learn);
- Sportscode, video-editing, code windows and output windows;
- Champion Data (or ability to learn);
- Edge10 Athlete Management System (or ability to learn); and
- Look at multimedia technology from both a Football and holistic view.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: