Recreational Water Quality Support Officer
An exciting opportunity for a Recreational Water Quality Support Officer
- Fixed term (25 November 2019 to 6 March 2020).
- Full time hours.
- Immediate start.
A Recreational Water Quality Support Officer at EPA will:
Work closely with the Program Coordinator and other staff, assisting them to deliver the recreational water quality program over the summer. This will include working with people from across EPA to support recreational water quality reporting and advice, and having a critical role in data quality and management. You'll also work with the team to investigate higher than expected bacterial water quality results at Port Phillip Bay beaches and the Yarra, and support the Program Coordinator with strategic work to improve the program and water quality.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting delivery of projects or scientific programs.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage and build relationships easily with others.
- Ability to work autonomously on your own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to organise and manage projects.
- Background in microbiology, water quality, environmental science, or a related field.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to apply online.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter addressing your experience, motivations and suitability to the role
- Completed application form
- Resume including contact details of two referees
Applications close midnight on Monday, 18 November.
Please contact Darren Cottam, Program Coordinator - Recreational Water Quality on 8458 2432 for further information about this vacancy.
Applicants note that interviews for this position will be held on Wednesday 27 November 2019.
EPA Victoria is committed to supporting employees through flexible work arrangements and encouraging work/life balance. We are dedicated to maintaining a safe and inclusive work environment where all employees are respected, valued and supported.We proactively seek to employ a diverse workforce to leverage the varied ideas of all employees, that drive innovation and success in everything we do.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
EPA Victoria welcomes applications from serving or past members of the Australian Defence Force.
Note: Applications received via e-mail will not be considered. Potential applicants may need to undergo a National Criminal Record Check prior to confirmation of employment.
For further information on Environment Protection Authority Victoria, please visit www.epa.vic.gov.au
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: