Recreational Activities Officer
Catholic Healthcare Limited
Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Wagga Wagga NSW
- Permanent Full time, Part time & Casual positions available
- Challenging & rewarding work
The Haven is our 148-bed home located within the peaceful setting of landscaped gardens in Wagga Wagga NSW.
Reporting to the Residential Manager, you will assist with the development and implementation of programs and activities to enrich the lives of our Residents. You will engage with a wide variety of community groups and build strong networks to create innovative and meaningful activities that maximise participation and engagement.
You will understand the importance of respect, trust and empathy and have the skills to empower Residents to make choices and decisions to help them live their best life.
To be successful for the role you will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Lifestyle and Leisure
- Previous experience working within an aged care environment
- Experience in supporting and engaging Residents living with mental health and/or dementia
- Experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating lifestyle programs
- Knowledge of how to conduct lifestyle assessments and Care Plans
- A strong work ethic along with a sense of fun
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain on employment
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of around 4000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping our customers to live life to its fullest every day.
Why you'll love working with us:
- An opportunity to build a career with a successful growing values-based organisation;
- Be part of a supportive and inclusive 'people first' culture; and
- Great salary packaging opportunities and other benefits.
So, if you're looking for a role where you can make a positive & rewarding impact in a great organisation like ours, then we'd love to hear from you.
Apply online now.
Please note that pre-employment checks (including Police) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an Offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we're looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance we'll be in touch.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: