Athlete Development Manager
St Andrew's Cathedral School
St Andrew’s is Sydney’s quintessential city school. An independent Anglican school that is fully coeducational from K-12 with an inclusive admission policy, we have an innovative and globally focused approach to learning. St Andrew’s makes full use of its dynamic city surrounds and offers a strong pastoral care program. We seek to develop an authentic and open approach to Christian learning, which assists students to think critically and to develop hearts that love, minds that grow and lives that give.
The school is a member of the Independent Sporting Association (ISA).
Reporting to the Director of Sport & Co-curricular Education you will also be working collaboratively with the Head of Sport, Leader of Learning PDHPE, convenors and coaches of individual sports.
Your primary roles are:
- Manage a high class sports centre focusing on strength and conditioning including associated staff team
- Work with staff, teams and their coaches to enhance the skills, speed and strength of students across a full range of sports
- Develop student athletic performance through systematic training
- To improve all fitness components through proper technique and motivation
- Establish and maintain a program that is appropriate to the developmental stage of each student
This is a non-teaching role and requires good administrative skills, organisation and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. An ability to develop a strong rapport with the students of the school is essential.
Coaching expertise in any of the ISA sports is desirable.
Applications close: Friday 15 November 2019
Interviews will commence as applications are received.
This position requires the successful applicant to have a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, prior to employment at the School.
Please see www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au for further information. It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: